Saturday 25 May 2013

Fete de fountaine

Bev was helping me out with the yard....what a hard worker!

After she completed her "duties" Bev and I walked into town and there was a very impressive pottery fair in the Place du Grand Jardin.  Some fantastic pieces and we took our time looking at everything.


 We then went into the Old Town where I ran into my hairdresser who informed me that they were going to be putting on a skit. 


Apparently the celebration is called "Fete de Fountaine" which means Celebration or Party of the Fountain.  In Vence they have fantastic water that is available to everyone.  Safe, great tasting water that runs non stop. 






You can fill your water bottle from any of the fountains in town.





There was music and entertainment.









Great day.  We finished it off with a trip to Le Clerc (the local grocery store) for mussels.  Went home and had a feast of fresh, steamed mussels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment