Tuesday 9 September 2014

Tuesday in Howth

Another gorgeous day.  Today we are taking the DART to the seaside town of Howth.  We walk to the DART station which takes about 20 minutes and off we go.  It's a lovely, scenic ride which takes about an hour.  When we arrive we decide to have a coffee and decide what to do next.  Excellent latte!  We then have a look in this little shop that has some lovely sweaters and other knit products.  Beautiful things.  We walk down to the pier.  




A short distance off shore is what's called Ireland's Eye.  


There are some ruins from an old monastery on this island.  We then scout out the restaurants and decide on the Brass Monkey as it is very busy and the menu looks great.  


Seafood chowder and a glass of Pinot Grisio does the trick.  


We then discover that the actual town of Howth is a short walk up the hill.  We have just enough time to walk there and have a quick look around before heading back home.  As we approach the top of the hill I suddenly realize that I am travelling light.  OMG!!!  I have left my purse at the restaurant.  It has my whole life in it!  What was I thinking?  Or better yet why wasn't I thinking?  I run, yes run!  All the way back to the restaurant and they have my purse safe behind the counter.  Thank heaven!  I have been saved.  So much for seeing any more of Howth.  We have to get back for the doggies.  Back on the DART and homeward bound.  Another great day.  Tomorrow we go to the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment